We have an application pending with the Registo Nacional dos Agentes de Animação Turística (RNAAT).
What does this mean?
To be a member, Échappée Portugal must provide proof of adequate public liability and public indemnity insurance whilst providing tourist activities.
We take every effort to reduce any risk of an accident or incident, however in the event of an accident involving either a client or a member of the public that was our fault, we are covered.
Once our membership is confirmed, the number and details will be provided below.
Please note, that cycling is a sport that does carry a relatively high risk of injury. We highly recommend that clients take out their own health insurance that will cover them in the event of an accident, as well as travel insurance to cover them in the event of unforeseen cancellations or flight delays.
Brexit and EHIC
If you are British and have a European Health Insurance card, it is still valid post-Brexit until it expires. If you have an ECIC card, bring this with you and carry it with you whilst riding. This will allow you access to Portuguese healthcare in the hospitals or health centres free of charge.
What is your cancellation policy?
You can book with confidence with our generous cancellation policy.
- If you cancel more than 2 weeks before the start date of your holiday, you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel between 1 and 2 weeks before the start of your holiday, you will receive a 75% refund.
- If you cancel less than 1 week before the start of your holiday you will receive a 50% refund.
- At any time you have the option to postpone your holiday to another date in the future (subject to availability, see our website for details). A small admin charge of EUR30 per person will apply if this happens less than 2 weeks before the start of your holiday.
- If We (the Company) need to cancel, we will endeavour do so minimum 2 weeks before the start of your holiday and you will receive a full refund.
We strongly recommend that you travel with adequate travel insurance to cover the cost of flight cancellation and holiday cancellation.
Please do not hesitate to contact us direct with any specific circumstances or questions!
I am worried I am too slow!
Get in touch with us! We pride ourselves on providing holidays for all abilities, and we have guides for different fitness levels. Often groups will be divided into three different groups so suit everyone!
Having said that, there are two trips that do require a reasonable level of fitness – the Bikepacking Adventure and the N2 Challenge. Both of these trips have a minimum number of kilometres to complete each day.
Can I hire a bike?
Of course. Just get in touch to let us know exactly what you would like and we will give you a quotation.
I would like to create my own bespoke holiday - can you help?
Of course! We would love to help you put together the perfect cycling holiday for you and your group.
We can assist with:
- Booking hotels, villas or BnB’s
- Hiring bikes
- Plotting cycling routes (road or off-road)
- Hiring guides
- Car Hire
- Booking restaurants
- Recommending cafes
- Airport transfers
We charge really reasonable prices for all of the above, making your life as the organiser really easy. Let us know what you have planned and we will help you plan an unforgettable week of cycling in Portugal for you!